The 2012-2013 FAFSA On The Web will be faster and easier to complete this year! Here are some tips in order to help you complete your 2012-2013 FAFSA:
* File your 2011 federal income tax return with the IRS as early as possible.
* Use the IRS Income Data Retrieval System to automatically pull in your tax information from the IRS.
- IRS retrieval of your tax information will be processed and available approximately 3 weeks after you electronically file your 2011 tax return, or 8 weeks after you mail your paper 2011 tax return.
* If you fill out your FAFSA before filing your 2011 tax return, log back on to www.fafsa.ed.gov and “make corrections” using the retrieval tool once your 2011 tax return has been processed.
* If your FAFSA is flagged for verification, a copy of Form 1040 Federal Income Tax Return will no longer be accepted. You must provide an official IRS Tax Return Transcript, obtained directly from the IRS, along with copies of your W-2’s.
- Your IRS Tax Return Transcript is available free of charge from the IRS at www.irs.gov.
- Your IRS Tax Return Transcript must be hand signed.
- It currently takes 5 – 10 days for the IRS to deliver transcripts.
Please contact our office at 912-583-3215 or email us at email@example.com for additional information.