- If you do not have one already, you will need to apply for a FSA User ID and password to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Returning students will use the same FSA User ID you created in previous years. If you have forgotten your FSA User ID you may request a duplicate PIN. You can apply for or request a duplicate PIN by going to http://pin.ed.gov. Both the student and one parent must apply for a PIN. Remember to save your PIN because you will be using this each year you complete your FAFSA.
- Complete your Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can complete your FAFSA by going to http://fafsa.gov. Be sure to add the school code for Brewton Parker College (001557) to your FAFSA so that we will receive your information electronically. If at all possible, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import you and your parent’s tax information into your FAFSA. Doing so will cut down on errors and will also reduce the amount of additional information we may have to request from you. Electronically sign your FAFSA with the FSA User ID you created above.
- Complete a financial aid interview on our Virtual Financial Aid Office (VFAO) website. You can create an account or log in if you are a returning student by going to http://bpc.vfao.com
- Once you have completed your FAFSA and have completed your financial aid interview please pay attention to the email address you provided in your financial aid interview. We will communicate with you through this email address about needing additional information and when your financial aid package has been created.
- If your financial aid package includes Federal Direct Student Loans and you have never received Federal Direct Loans before, you must complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Federal Direct Loan Entrance counseling. You can complete your MPN and Entrance counseling by going to http://studentloans.gov
- If after receiving your financial aid package, you see that a balance will still be owed to BPC you can call our office to discuss additional parent PLUS loans and payment plan options. Students will not be allowed to move into dorms or begin classes until their account has been cleared by the business office.