So you've applied, but you haven't heard anything yet?
After you apply, the school must make an admission decision. That decision will depend on many factors, but an important one is whether they have all the documents they need from you.
You should do several things during this waiting time:
- Respond promptly to any request from the school for additional documents.
- Find out what medical records and vaccinations you need and gather them.
- Find and bookmark the website where you will pay the I-901 SEVIS fee: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/index.htm .
Finally, spend this time enjoying your family and friends.
- Take lots of pictures and make good memories to take with you.
- Talk with your parents about serious subjects such as what you will do if there is a death in the family and how often you will come home for a visit. Planning ahead will help you adjust more quickly once you are here.