Home / News
and Information /
Fall Concerts and Recital Schedule for BPC’s Music Division
The American Boychoir highlights the college’s fall performance schedule
MOUNT VERNON—Brewton-Parker College’s Division of Music will host a number of prestigious concerts and recitals during the Fall 2007 semester. A listing follows for calendar purposes; however, individual news releases will be announced as reminders of each performance up to two weeks prior to the main event. The community is invited to attend these free events on the Mount Vernon campus.
Music majors, minors and scholarship students are required to attend five out of six concerts listed.
- Oct. 18 – Sikes Fine Arts Series will feature The American Boychoir at 7:30 p.m. in Saliba Chapel. The American Boychoir is regarded as one of the nation’s premier choral groups, singing in many concerts across the United States and internationally. The choir makes over 200 appearances in four to five major tours annually. In its prolific history, the choir has performed with the New York Philharmonic, the Berlin Philharmonic, the Boston Symphony Orchestra, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, trumpeter Wynton Marsalis, and several opera singers including Jessye Norman, Frederica von Stade and Kathleen Battle. The choir has had numerous television appearances on NBC's Today show and is featured on 16 recordings. This concert is in part presented by the Dennis and Quinelle Sikes Fine Arts Series which co-hosts events yearly. Dennis and Quinelle Sikes founded Brewton-Parker College’s fine art series in 1990 to bring worldwide performers to Brewton-Parker College for student and community audiences.
- Nov. 15 – BPC’s Concert Choir will hold its Fall Concert at 8 p.m. in Saliba Chapel.
- Nov. 27 – BPC’s Community Wind Ensemble will hold its Fall Concert at 7 p.m. in Gilder Recital Hall.
- Dec. 2 – Lessons and Carols, a Brewton-Parker College seasonal tradition, will be held at 3 p.m. in Saliba Chapel.
- Dec. 4 – Brejoya Perry and Glenda Moye will perform in their Senior Recital beginning at 7 p.m. in Gilder Recital Hall.
- Dec. 7 – The Baron Singers Christmas Celebration will be held at 7 p.m. in Saliba Chapel.
General student recitals will be held on Oct. 5, Oct. 19, Nov. 2 (includes Jamie Sexton in her Junior Recital) and Nov. 16. Music majors and minors are required to attend three out of four of the student recitals. Student recitals are free and open to the public. They begin promptly at 3 p.m. in Gilder Recital Hall.
Brewton-Parker College is the only accredited four-year Christian college in south Georgia.