Home / News
and Information /
BPC music students shine in Nov. 2 recital
| Those performing in the Nov. 2 Student Recital are from left: Cindy Rollins, Brejoya Perry, Christina Trowell, Dallas Wilke, David Schmidt, Jelon Dixon and Albert Bussey III. (Photo by Kayla Oliver)
By Kelley M. Arnold
Director of News and Public Information
MOUNT VERNON—Brewton-Parker College’s Division of Music hosted a student recital Nov. 2 in Gilder Recital Hall on the Mount Vernon campus.
Performing in the recital were the following students:
- Freshman Albert Bussey III, trombone, “March” from Aïda by Guiseppe Verdi;
- Senior David Schmidt, tenor, “Quella fiamma” (aria) from “Il mio bel foco” by Benedetto Marcello;
- Freshman Jelon Dixon, clarinet, “Aria and Rondo” by J.H. Fiocco;
- Senior Dallas Wilke, baritone, “Come Away, Come Away, Death” from “Let Us Garlands Bring” by Gerald Finzi;
- Sophomore Cindy Rollins, soprano, “Chanson d’amour” by Gabriel Fauré and “O Mio Babbino Caro” from “Gianni Schicci” by Giacomo Puccini;
- Sophomore Christina Trowell, alto saxophone, “Andante” and “Bourée” from “Sonata No. III” by George F. Handel;
- Senior Brejoya Perry, soprano, “Mausfallen-Sprüchlein” by Hugo Wolf.
Brandon Herrington accompanied Bussey, Schmidt, Dixon, Wilke, Rollins and Trowell on piano. Cathy Rogers accompanied Perry on piano.
Brewton-Parker College is the only accredited, four-year Christian college in south Georgia. To learn more about attending the college, or one of its six external centers and campuses around the state, contact the Office of Admissions at 912-583-3265. To learn more about this concert and others in the division, contact secretary Jennifer Blaylock at 912-583-3136.