Fall Concerts and Recital Schedule for BPC’s Music Division
By Kelley M. Arnold
Interim Director of Marketing
MOUNT VERNON—Brewton-Parker College’s Division of Music will host a number of prestigious concerts and recitals during the Fall 2008 semester. A listing follows for calendar purposes; however, individual news releases will be announced as reminders of each performance up to two weeks prior to the main event.
The community is invited to attend these free events on the Mount Vernon campus.
Music majors, minors and scholarship students are required to 80 percent of all concerts and recitals.
- September 11 – Sikes Fine Arts Series will feature Diane Bish, 7 p.m., Saliba Chapel
- September 27 – Vladislav Lavrik, Principal Trumpet for the Russian National Orchestra will be giving a Community Master class at 10a.m. in the Gilder Recital Hall. This master class is a wonderful opportunity for all high school trumpeters as well as anyone who is interested in learning from a world renowned performer.
- September 27– Vladislav Lavrik, Principal Trumpet for the Russian National Orchestra in concert, 7p.m., Gilder Recital Hall
- September 30 – Michael Nigro, classical guitarist, 7p.m., Gilder Recital Hall
- October 3 – Student Recital, 3p.m., Gilder Recital Hall
- October 17 – Student Recital, 3p.m., Gilder Recital Hall
- November 6 – Concert Choir Fall Concert, 7p.m., Saliba Chapel
- November 7 – Student Recital, 3p.m., Gilder Recital Hall
- November 16 – Choral Society performs Messiah, 3p.m., Saliba Chapel
- November 18 – Community Wind Ensemble, 7p.m., Gilder Recital Hall
- December 5 – Student Recital, 3p.m., Gilder Recital Hall
- December 5 – Christmas Celebration featuring Trèjeito, 7p.m., The PAL Theater in Vidalia
- December 6 – Christmas Fest, 7p.m., Saliba Chapel.
Brewton-Parker College is the only accredited four-year Christian college in South Georgia. Call the Division of Music office at 912-583-3136 for more information.