Home / News
and Information /
Division of Music to host several spring concerts, events
MOUNT VERNON—Brewton-Parker College’s Division of Music invites the community to attend a number of special musical events during the next few months, said Dr. Glenn Eernisse, chair of the division.
“We are offering an exciting series of concerts and performances designed to please everyone in the family,” said Dr. Eernisse. “Performances range from jazz to operetta to professional recitals and community concerts. The Division of Music offers a wide variety of outstanding musical events performed by talented students, nationally-acclaimed guest artists and our own faculty. Please join us for any or all of our wonderful performances.”
The calendar for the 2008 Spring semester is as follows:
- Student Recital – Friday, March 7, Gilder Recital Hall, 3 p.m.
- Evensong featuring the BPC Concert Choir – Thursday, March 13, Gilder Recital Hall, 7 p.m.
- Spring Musical Showcase (a highlight of Alumni Weekend 2008) – Saturday, April 5, Southeastern Technical College in Vidalia, 7 p.m.*
- Senior Recital featuring Dallas Wilke – Friday, April 11, Gilder Recital Hall, 3 p.m.
- Student Recital and Junior Recital featuring Elizabeth Nichols – Friday, April 11, Gilder Recital Hall, 3 p.m.
- Lyric Theater Performances – Friday and Saturday, April 11-12, Gilder Recital Hall, 7 p.m.
- Baron Ringers Spring Concert – Tuesday, April 15, Gilder Recital Hall, 7 p.m.
- Jazz Band Concert – Tuesday, April 22, Gilder Recital Hall, 7 p.m.
- Concert Choir Spring Concert – Thursday, April 24, Saliba Chapel, 8 p.m.
- Student Recital – Friday, April 25, Gilder Recital Hall, 3 p.m.
- Wind Ensemble Spring Concert – Tuesday, April 29, Gilder Recital Hall, 7 p.m.
All events, with the exception of the Spring Musical Showcase, offer free admission. The cost of the Spring Musical Showcase has not been set and will be published at a later date.
Contact the Division of Music for more information, 912-583-3136. Requests can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.