August 25, Convocation
September 1 - Faculty Led Chapel - Farrah Senn, Forrest Rich
September 8 - Student Development Chapel - Steve Edwards
September 15 - Men's and Womens Emphasis - Keith Boggs and Nicole Boggs
September 22 - Dr. Jim Perdue, pastor Warner Robins Second Baptist
September 29 - Evangelist Brian Fosset
Chapel Attendance Requirements
All full-time Mount Vernon students, both commuters and residents, are required to attend Chapel.
Please note the following:
- Students are allowed to miss two (2) chapels each semester.
- Students must bring their Student ID to receive Chapel Credit.
- Chapel Service begins at 10:00 any student who arrives late will not get chapel credit and any student who leaves early will not receive chapel credit.
- Students who remain enrolled in future semesters can make up chapel absences by attending the twelve (12) mandatory chapels plus additional ones to receive “Chapel credit” for the semester in which the student was delinquent.
- Since Chapel is a requirement for graduation, transcripts of academic credits will be held until attendance/make-up requirements are met.
- One make-up activity is required for each chapel missed over the allotted two absences per semester.
- All offices-including the library, cafeteria, Cyber Cafe, and bookstore-will be closed to students during Chapel.
Guidelines for Behavior During Chapel Programs
When attending chapel programs, please respect others round you by:
--not talking during chapel
--not using a cell phone (ringing, text messaging);
--not leaving early, sleeping or appearing to be asleep, or doing homework; --students should be seated at 10:00 am.;
--no food or drink is permitted in Saliba Chapel;
--no hats, visors, or “hoodies” should be worn by males or females in Saliba Chapel; and,
--pants should be worn above the hips and not sagging below the waist.
Students are encouraged to be attentive and respectful participants during the chapel experience. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in loss of credit. Repetitive misconduct can result in strong disciplinary action.
Guidelines For Completing Chapel Attendance Make-up Papers
- Go to the Brewton-Parker College Library and watch a DVD or choose from the sermons below and write a paper (paper requirements are below the links):
- Charles Stanley - Victory Over Anger:
- Charles Stanley- Victory Over Unforgivness:
Charles Stanley- Solving Problems Through Prayer:
- David Jeremiah -The Priority of a Diligent Mind:
- David Jeremiah-You Are Not What You Think You Are, but What You Think You Are:
- David Jeremiah-
Slaying the Giants in Your Life-Discouragement:
- David Jeremiah-Slaying the Giants in Your Life - Worry:
- Adrian Rogers: The Battle for Your Mind:
- Adrian Rogers - How to Weather the Storms of Life:
Adrian Rogers: The Only Way to Live:
- Write a summary of the entire service (Minimum: 3complete pages with cover sheet) typed. This report must be done in the following format: No Headers, 1 inch margin, Times New Roman 12 Font Double Spaced.
- The cover page must have the following:
- Include an outline of the sermon and main points, as well as pastor’s name and church, scripture references.
- Include your name, student I. D., campus box or address, telephone number and date of DVD or video.
- Turn in paper by:
- attaching it to an email addressed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note in the subject line of the email that the document is for chapel credit
- or return by United States Postal Service to Brewton-Parker College:
Office of the Dean(s) of Men/Women
PO BOX 197
Mount Vernon, GA 30445
Transcripts will not be issued to students or sent to other institutions until all Chapel attendance requirements have been met for all semesters attended. This applies both to graduating and transferring students.
Guidelines For Chapel Exemptions
- Student teaching is required during the semester.
- A full-time commuter student has no day classes on Tuesday
- The student is a full-time night student who works during the day, cares for children, or drives a long distance to BPC. This requires a typed letter stating circumstance, especially from employer if applicable.
- The student is employed during the Tuesday chapel hours of 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 Noon. If this is the case, the student must obtain a typed letter from their employer on company letterhead stating that they are working during chapel hours. This letter must be attached to the Chapel Exemption Request Form.
- If none of the above exemptions apply to your situation, attach a typed request to the Chapel Exemption Request Form explaining why you are requesting a Chapel exemption.
- All Chapel Exemption forms should be turned in to the Dean(s) of Men/Women.