One of the common rumors about Brewton Parker is the notion that there is nothing fun to do one campus. However, with a little time and an ounce of effort, this myth can be busted.
Here are a few things that you might find enjoyable.
1. The Game Room: The game room is a place to just sit back and play some Pool or Ping Pong and enjoy the company of those around you. The trick to the game room is going when it’s open, but the hours are normally posted.
2. Jones Lake: There is plenty to do around Jones Lake. Picnic with a sweetheart, go fishing, run around the lake in a paddle boat, bring your laptop down and watch a movie, or even just walk around and enjoy God's creation. All these things are good things for sure.
3. Fun After Dark: The campus after nightfall has it’s perks as well. First, there is no shortage of wildlife to see down by the lake. You can also enjoy games like Manhunt or Sardines with a group of friends and plenty of great places to hide. Rachel Underwood still talks about the time I hid from everyone for over a half hour without being found.
4. Lobby Fun: Each dorm has a lobby that is for the use of that dorm’s students and their friends. Card games like Uno, Phase Ten and Skipbo can be fun as well as a good ole game of Texas Holdem. Plus each lobby has a TV, so grab a few friends and a DVD player and enjoy the latest movies on DVD.
5. The Fields: Later in the day when you want some fresh air, the soccer field and intramural field are there for your enjoyment. There is also a basketball court outside of Leroy hall as well.
One of the best things that will make your time on campus more fun is a good group of friends. Alone, campus fun is very limited, but with a friend or two, there are plenty of things to keep your free time, fun time.