Financial Aid

Types of Financial Aid

You must complete the Admissions process and be admitted to the college before any aid can be awarded. You must also be in good standing and successfully achieving Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to receive financial aid. Please click on the links below to review the different types of financial aid available.

  • FEDERAL AID – Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  • STATE AID – HOPE, etc.
  • INSTITUTIONAL AID – Academic or Athletic Scholarships

NOTE: Applying for financial aid does not guarantee you will receive financial aid.


The role of the Financial Aid Office at Brewton-Parker College is to make a quality Christian education affordable to each and every student who applies. This website provides information on how to apply for financial aid, deadlines, and types of aid available.
Steps to Completing the Financial Aid Process
  1. Complete your FAFSA by going to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid.
    Be sure to include BPC’s school code on your FAFSA: 001557
  2. Respond to any requests for additional information that is sent to you from the Financial Aid Office.
  3. Review and accept your financial aid awards package (see below).
Guide to Accepting Financial Aid
Financial Aid Student Self-Service (FASS)

BPC requires students to complete the Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and Accepting your Financial Aid Award in order to utilize Financial Aid. Failure to do so will result in your Financial Aid not being processed.

With Brewton-Parker’s Financial Aid Self-Service Student you can:
  • Check the status of your financial aid award package
  • Check your student account balance
  • View required documents to submit to the Financial Aid Office (Palmer Building) to complete the award process
  • Print required documents to submit to the Financial Aid Office (Palmer Building) to complete the award process
  • Accept or decline awards such as Direct Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized), etc… Please note all grants and scholarships are automatically accepted.
Quick Guide
  1. Go to www.bpc.edu.
  2. Go to Inside BPC on the right upper navigation bar and select MyBPC (SS0)
  3. Enter your log in and password, Click MyWeb.
  4. On the MyWeb screen, click on Login. Enter your student ID number (Login ID) and your Pin. Please Note: You must be registered for classes before requesting your Pin. Pin numbers will be mailed or available for in-person pick up.
  5. Click on My Financial Aid. You must have financial aid applied to your account to be able to view any information.
  6. Click on the Need tab to view your cost of attendance. Please note: The figure that appear on this screen includes both direct costs (tuition, fees, room & board, meal plans) and indirect costs (transportation, personal expenses, etc…that are not paid directly to the college).
  7. Click on the Award tab to view your Financial Aid Award and to accept the Terms and Conditions of Financial Aid. Please read all of the information listed under this tab.
  8. Once you have read all of the contents and you agree, click “Yes”. Then select the box next to “I have read and understand the Terms and Conditions”. Now click the box that says “Accept Terms and Conditions”. Please note that you are only accepting the terms and conditions. You will now see a “Thank you” once have completed this step.
  9. To officially accept your loans, click on the “return to My Financial Aid” link under the “thank you” message.
  10. Please note that all Grants and Scholarship are automatically accepted. However, Direct Loans are not. If you want to accept all of your loan eligibility, please check the box that states “I have reviewed and verified my loan amounts”. Then click “Submit”. You can also decline the loans by entering o (zeros) in the “Amount I wish to Accept” box. ***Make sure that you make the correction for both Fall and Spring semester. *** You can also reduce the loan to a lower amount here as well. After you have made the changes, please check the box that states “I have reviewed and verified my loan amounts”. Then click “Submit”.
  11. You have now accepted your Financial Aid Award. Thank you!

If you have questions or need help accessing information on FASS, please contact BPC’s IT Department

Reminder: Please notify the Office of Financial Aid in writing if you wish to modify or cancel your acceptance on FASS of any aid to your Award Package as soon as possible. Please check your Award Letter for time limitations.

Please notify the Office of Financial Aid of any assistance from other sources other than BPC. A copy of the scholarship letter should be sent to our office as soon as you receive notification that you have been awarded and outside scholarship. These awards may affect your BPC financial aid package. 


If you are a student who wishes to use Federal Direct Loans for the first time at BPC, you are required by the Department of Education to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling

This can be completed by going to https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-aid-process using your FSA ID and password (the same password and ID you use for the FAFSA)

May 15th

Financial Aid Priority Filing Deadline

Students whose files are completed by this date will receive priority consideration for financial aid according to the institutional packaging policy.

Don’t forget to renew your FAFSA!

Brewton-Parker College Federal School Code is 001557


The Financial Aid Office at Brewton-Parker College communicates with its students primarily via a student’s BPC email account and will continue this practice until further notice.

What does this mean to you?

This means that the Financial Aid Office will contact you through your BPC email account of changes in your awards, verification requests, updates, etc. As always, we are available to you via telephone, fax, postal mail, and of course, you are more than welcome to visit our office.

Frequently Asked Questions

What does it mean if I have been selected for Verification?

The Department of Education randomly selects students who complete FAFSAs for verification. The verification process requires that the Financial Aid Office verify information submitted on the FAFSA. No federal, state or institutional funds can be disbursed to students selected for the verification process until all required forms are received and the process is complete. In addition, the student may not place for Work-Study until verification is completed.

 If selected for verification, the Brewton- Parker College Financial Aid Office will require the following:

  • Verification Worksheet
  • Tax Transcript for student and/or parent(s)/spouse. You may link your FAFSA directly to the IRS using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you link your FAFSA and the data transfers without changes, you will not be required to provide the Tax Transcript.
  • Additional documentation may be requested such as W-2s, low income verification worksheet, non-filer form, etc. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for a full list of needed documents.

If a student fails to provide the required documentation by the deadline, the college:

  • Cannot disburse Federal grants or Perkins loan funds to the student;
  • Cannot allow the student to continue employment in a FWS job;
  • Cannot certify or disburse a Stafford loan or originate a Direct Loan for the student;
  • Must return to the Department of Education any undelivered or undisbursed loan funds

If the student already received any federal grants or Perkins loan money in a disbursement prior to being selected for verification, then the student must return that money.

What are the expected costs?
Click here for our tuition and fee schedule.

Click here to see what federal grants you may be eligible for.

Does BPC offer any discounts for Veterans and Military Service Members?
Veterans and Military Service Members are charged the same tuition and fees as all other students based on the program entered.
Can students receive loans to help with the cost?
Yes! Student loans are available for both students and parents/guardians. Student loans must be paid back with interest. A Federal PIN is required to apply for student loans.

For more information on student loans, interest rates, repayment and more, visit https://studentaid.gov/h/manage-loans.

First-Time Student Borrowers: You must complete your Entrance Counseling (EC) and your Master Promissory Note (MPN) at https://studentaid.gov/h/manage-loans  You will need your Federal PIN to complete these tasks.

Returning Student Borrowers: Your Entrance Counseling (EC) and Master Promissory Note (MPN) are valid for six years unless you have completed Exit Counseling. If you have completed Exit Counseling, you will need to complete another EC and MPN at https://studentaid.gov/h/manage-loans.

Parent Borrowers: Parent borrowers or legal guardians can apply for a Parent PLUS Loan by using their Federal PIN. You will need to complete the PLUS Loan process at https://studentaid.gov/h/manage-loans. If you are turned down for a PLUS loan, you can either endorse a PLUS loan with a co-signer(s) if you wish, or your student can receive up to $4,000 in additional unsubsidized loans.

If you have more than one student in college you wish to receive PLUS loan for, you must complete the PLUS Loan process for each student.

Exit Counseling: EVERY student borrower must perform Exit Counseling upon graduation, transfer to another college or university, or upon separation from Brewton-Parker College at lhttps://studentaid.gov/h/manage-loans. You need your Federal PIN to complete this task.

Can I cancel my loans if I later decide I don't need them?
You have the right to cancel your student loan under many circumstances. You also have the right to cancel your loan within 14 days of receiving your right to cancel notification letter from Brewton-Parker. A right to cancel notification letter will be emailed you on or near the disbursement date of your federal student loan. You will need to cancel your loan in writing by emailing the finaid@bpc.edu
Are there any requirements for Financial Aid?
Brewton-Parker College is required by Federal Regulations to establish minimum standards of satisfactory academic progress (SAP), and the Financial Aid Office is required to review the progress of students in meeting the stated standards. The standards apply to all students who receive federal and state financial aid.(Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), SAP Warning and SAP Suspension as measured and defined by the Financial Aid Office differs from Academic Good Standing, Academic Warning, Probation, Suspension and Exclusion as measured and defined by the Registrar’s Office.)

Learn More…