Scholarships & Grants

Grants are outright gifts of money and are awarded on the basis of financial need. A student’s financial aid package may include grant money whenever guidelines and funding levels permit.

Federal Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is awarded to high-need students who are pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree. The student’s eligibility is determined by a schedule developed by the U.S. Department of Education. Students who are eligible for a Pell Grant must make satisfactory academic progress to receive this award. Students may apply for this grant by using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications must be submitted annually.

Any student who receives a Pell Grant must certify that he or she will not engage in the unlawful
manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance during the
period covered by the Pell Grant. Brewton-Parker College is in compliance with the standards of the U.S. Department ofEducation regarding a drug-free workplace.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The FSEOG provides gift aid to undergraduate students who do not have a bachelor’s degree.
Grants are awarded to needy students who could not attend college without financial assistance. Students may apply for this grant by using the FAFSA application annually. Students who are Pell Grant eligible are automatically eligible for the FSEOG. FSEOG funding is limited and awarded on a first come, first served basis until exhausted.

Federal Work-Study

This program provides part-time employment for U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have demonstrated financial need on the FAFSA. The maximum amount a recipient can earn under this program is determined through an evaluation of the FAFSA. General wage policies are established by the College within the guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education. Work-study students are paid on an hourly basis and are not eligible for fringe benefits such as holiday, vacation, or sick pay. They are also not eligible for unemployment. The majority of jobs are limited to on-campus positions.

Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant

The State of Georgia provides a grant to Georgia citizens who attend private colleges in Georgia. The amount of the grant is determined by the State Legislature. Eligible students must enroll for a minimum of 12 academic hours. The Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPPS) must be completed online at Georgia residency documentation must be provided to the Financial Aid Office.

Georgia HOPE Scholarship

The purpose of the Georgia HOPE Scholarship is to encourage and reward academic achievement of legal residents of Georgia at the postsecondary level by providing scholarships to students who earn and maintain a 3.0 HOPE Grade Point Average (GPA) and are seeking a degree at an eligible Georgia college or university. Developmental courses are no longer paid by the HOPE Scholarship program and do not count either as hours attempted or as a grade for the purpose of determining a student’s HOPE GPA. Eligible students must enroll for a minimum of six academic hours. Students must complete the Georgia Scholarship/Grant Application (GSFAPPS) online at Georgia residency documentation must be provided to the Financial Aid Office. Additional information regarding the HOPE Scholarship may be obtained in the Financial Aid Office or through the Georgia Student Finance Commission in Atlanta.

Zell Miller Scholarship

The Zell Miller Scholarship program is for students who have demonstrated academic achievement and who are seeking a college degree. Generally, to become eligible, a student must graduate from an eligible high school with a 3.70 HOPE GPA and a minimum score of 1200 on the SAT or 26 on the ACT.

Scholarship Opportunities

There are also many external sources for scholarships that students can apply for. Below you will find a list of websites to visit that will help get you started:

If you are still seeking funds needed to help pay for college, you may also seek private loans from financial institutions such as Sally Mae. For more information regarding private loans, please contact our financial aid department at

Scroll to Top